Online Calculators – Terms & Conditions of use
You agree that the results produced from any of the online mortgage calculator applications is not a quotation for service and that you understand that mortgage related results produced represent an indicative or “ball-park” set of costs, and that accurate mortgage calculation results and mortgage quotations can only be received directly from a company representative after discussion and full analysis of your personal circumstances and requirements.
We grant you a non-exclusive, revocable right to use the mortgage calculator applications solely for the purpose of receiving an indicative cost of theoretical circumstances. We may revoke your license at any time without notice.
We make no express or implied warranties or representations with respect to the mortgage calculator applications (including, without limitation, warranties of fitness, merchantability, non-infringement, or any implied warranties arising out of a course of performance or trade usage). In addition, we make no representation that the operation of the mortgage applications will be uninterrupted or error-free, and we will not be liable for the consequences of any interruptions or errors.
Types of Information Collected
We retain two types of information:
1. Personal Data
This is data that identifies you or can be used to identify, contact you or process mortgage applications on your behalf and may include your name, address, email address, detailed financial information, user IP addresses in circumstances where they have not been deleted, clipped or anonymous, telephone number, and billing and credit history information. Such information is only collected from you if you voluntarily submit it to us or have authorised us to obtain it.
2. Non-Personal Data
Like most web sites, we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our web site. This Non-Personal Data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information regarding, for example, user IP addresses where they have been clipped or anonymous, browser types and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our web site.
Purposes for which we hold your Information
1. Non-Personal Data
We use Non-Personal Data gathered from visitors to our web site in an aggregate form to get a better understanding of where our visitors come from and to help us better design and organise our web site.
Our cookies are not available to other web sites. Cookies are required on the Mortgage Advice website to allow users to access the Member’s Extranet. No personal information is recorded, and the cookie is automatically deleted when you log out or close your browser.
You are always free to decline our cookies, if your browser permits, or to ask your browser to indicate when a cookie is being sent. You can also delete cookie files from your computer at your discretion. Note that if you decline our cookies or ask for notification each time a cookie is being sent, this may affect your ease of use of this web site.
3. Personal Data
We will process any Personal Data you provide to us for the following purposes:
- to provide you with the services you have ordered
- to contact you if required in connection with your service order or to respond to any communications you might send to us
- to send you the Mortgage Advice Newsletter and to communicate with you about association activities
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
We may provide Non-Personal Data to third parties, where such information is combined with similar information of other users of our web site. For example, we may inform third parties regarding the number of unique users who visit our web site, the demographic breakdown of our community users of our web site, or the activities that visitors to our web site engage in while on our web site. The third parties to whom we may provide this information may include potential or actual advertisers, providers of advertising services (including web site tracking services), commercial partners, sponsors, licensees, researchers and other similar parties.
We will not disclose your Personal Data to third parties unless you have consented to this disclosure or unless the third party is required to fulfil your service order (in such circumstances, the third party is bound by similar data protection requirements. We will disclose your Personal Data if we believe in good faith that we are required to disclose it in order to comply with any applicable law, a summons, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other statutory requirement.
Sale of Business
Your Personal Data is held on secured servers hosted by Active Online and on secured servers at our premises. The nature of the Internet is such that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via the Internet. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. However, we will take all reasonable steps (including appropriate technical and organisational measures) to protect your Personal Data.
Updating, Verifying and Deleting Personal Data
You may inform us of any changes in your Personal Data, and in accordance with our obligations under the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003, Directive 95/46/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 24 October 1995 on the Protection of Individuals with regard to the Processing of Personal Data and on the Free Movement of such data, and any implementing and/or amending legislation as may be adopted in Ireland from time to time, we will update or delete your Personal Data accordingly.
To find out what Personal Data we hold on you or to have your Personal Data updated, amended or removed from our database, please contact Mortgage Advice on 1890 746 759. Any such data subject requests may be subject to the prescribed fee.
We can have approval in principle for you within 48 hours (from receiving a completed application) which will allow you to make an offer on a property of your choice.
Terms and Conditions
Access to our Web Site and the use of its information is ruled by the following terms and conditions. By proceeding you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions. Any references to “we” relate to Parkborough Limited, our subsidiaries and associate companies.
Parkborough Limited t/a Mortgage Advice is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland as a Multi-Agency Intermediary and a Mortgage Intermediary.
1. This web site is established in Ireland in accordance with the laws of Ireland and is governed by Irish law. By using the web site, it is deemed you accept that your use of the web site and any information on it, will also be governed by Irish law and if any claim or dispute arises from your use of the web site or any of the information on it, you agree that the Irish courts have exclusive jurisdiction.
2. Information about some of the products and services on this web site may be subject to specific restrictions concerning the persons to whom such information may be made available.
3. The information on the web site is provided in good faith, taken from industry, trade and other sources believed to be reliable. Although we have made all reasonable efforts to ensure that the information on the site is accurate at the time of inclusion, we do not recommend that it should be relied upon as such.
4. The information contained in this web site is for information purposes only. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation we do not make any warranties or representations as to their completeness, accuracy or reliability of the contents of this Site. We neither accept nor assume any responsibility to you in relation to the contents of this Site.
5. The information contained in this web site should not be relied upon to enter into any investment or property purchase decision either by placing a deposit or going to auction on the basis of this information.
6. Be aware that the sending of information via e-mail over the Internet may not be secure and can be intercepted by third parties or incorrectly delivered.
7. There are some links on our web site to web sites not operated or maintained by us. We will not be liable in any way for the content, availability or use of such linked web sites and you use such links entirely at your own risk.
8. Access to and use of this web site is at your own risk. We do not represent or warrant that the use of this web site or any information accessed from it will not cause damage to property, including but not limited to loss of data or computer virus infection. In no event do we accept liability of any description including liability for negligence for any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits arising out of or in connection with the access, use or performance of this web site or any its contents.
9. The contents of the web site, including these terms and conditions, are subject to change by us without prior notification. Information may be updated from time to time and may at times be out of date. We accept no responsibility for keeping the information in this web site current or liability for any failure to do so.
10. The information contained within the web site, our logos and trademarks may not be copied, transmitted or reproduced without written permission.
Terms of Business
A copy of our Terms of Business is available here for download.